- ZDHC Academy
ZDHC AND PANTA REI
The ZDHC Foundation oversees implementation of the ZDHC Programme. The mission is to advance towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals in the textile, leather and footwear value chain to improve the environment and people's well being.
Panta Rei joins the ZDHC Roadmap to Zero Programme to eliminate Hazardous Chemicals Discharge in textile manufacturing and, in doing so, supports the Programme’s vision of widespread implementation of best practices in textile industry "water recovery" and "wastewater discharge" to protect consumers, workers and the environment.
For the Italian-based company, fully committed to the environmental compliance of the textile industries, this represents a major milestone. It is an opportunity to learn more from other contributors and companies and, at the same time, share the matured experience and field expertise, strengthening the common goal to advance towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals.
The ZDHC Programme is creating a new standard in wastewater discharge that goes beyond regulatory compliance to ensure wastewater discharge does not adversely affect the environment and surrounding communities.
Water efficiency is a critical aspect of sustainable and environmentally-conscious manufacturing. While there have been efforts to create regulations by individual governments, brands and even multi-brand consortia, there still exists no single industry-standard guideline that covers all discharge criteria.
The textile industry is the second most polluting industry in the world, preceded only by the oil and gas sector. Therefore, the formation of an association by leading players in this field, in order to ensure a sustainable growth, is of paramount importance. The answer to that necessity has been provided by the ZDHC Roadmap to Zero Programme, whose guidelines in terms of wastewater quality are enforced through the implementation of the treatment plants supplied by Panta Rei Srl – Water Solutions.
PANTA REI TOGETHER WITH THE BIG
The ZDHC Programme include organisations of different sizes and types, committed to driving industry-wide change towards the goal of zero discharge of hazardous chemicals.
Companies cooperates following different level of engagement: Signatory Brands, Affiliates and Contributors.
The collaboration between Panta Rei and ZDHC Contributors will open the doors to important synergies to work together towards the common goal of sustainable development.
Please find below ZDHC Contributors list:
- Panta Rei - Water Solutions
- Amfori BEPI
- Association of the German Sporting Goods Industry
- Association TEGEWA
- C&A Foundation
- China Textile Information Center (CTIC)
- German Fashion Modeverband Deutschland e.V.
- Seri.co by Centro Tessile Serico
- Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI)
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC)
- The Fiber and Textile Chemicals Technology Division – A Division of the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI)
The ZDHC Academy was established in 2016, as the go-to platform to create awareness build knowledge and share useful information, initially about chemical management, and now wastewater managementas well.
ZDHC academy is present in more than 22 country,celebrates dozens of training sessions per year and has 12 companies as accredited training provides worldwide (Panta Rei being one of them).
Panta Rei is an Italian company focused on wastewater treatment and recovery for the textile industry, with more than 12 years of experience.
After becoming a ZDHC contributor in 2018, as of 2019 Panta Rei is also an accredited training provider of the ZDHC Academy; the first company in the wastewater treatment field to achieve this milestone.
Course Objectives and partecipants
- Share Knowledge and experience concerning the available wastewater technologies.
- Understand the current wastewater guidelines and the future goals.
- Indicate the best engineering practices and most common issues related to wastewater management.
- Anyone within the textile field interested on the topic and all the people directly or indirectly related to the wastewater management and environmental regulations as well as sustainable development.
Module 1: Introduction to ZDHC.
Module 2: The ZDHC wastewater guidelines.
Module 3: Samping requirements according to ZDHC wastewater guidelines.
Module 4: Root cause analysis and corrective action plan.
Module 5: Market-available effluent treatment plants.
Module 6: Call for action.
Questions and answers.
In order to participate, the following steps are necessary:
- Create a ZDHC academy account here
- Register for the specific session desired
- Fill in the course survey
- Sign the attendance form
- In order to obtain the ZDHC certificate, an online exam needs to be completed and approved within 15 days from the session date
Please find below the dates of the next scheduled courses.
Panta Rei Water Solutions' ZDHC Academy courses are held by Eng. Manuel Romero (Technical Department Director) and Eng. Mirko D'Antoni (Research & Development Manager).
- ZDHC Academy